Ages: 10 and up
Grades: 5th and up
Provide practice in recognition of multi-syllabic words that are made up of a base word plus a prefix and/or suffix. Auditory/visual association. Build speaking, listening and written vocabularies. Identification of synonyms and antonyms. Syllabification – prefixes and suffixes and their meaning. Discernment of similarities through logical thinking. Structural Skills Quizmo® is designed to give learners a variety of enjoyable game experiences that will help them build skill in recognizing multi-syllabic words that are made up of base words and prefixes and/or suffixes. The “bingo”-style game, with its easy-to-read game cards, is really several different games in one:
- Match the Affixes that are called to the Affixes on the Game Board.
- Match the Base Words that are called to the Base Words on the Game Board.
- Match the set of Base Words, where Affixes have been added, to the correct Base Word on the Game Board.
- Match the set of Base Words, where Affixes have been added, to the correct Affix on the Game Board.
- Match the Base Word that is called to an Affix on the Game Board to form a new word.
NOTE: The affixes have a small light blue star to the upper-right of the print on the calling cards. On the other side, printed in red, are several words that contain that base word plus an affix.
Includes: 36 double-sided game boards (72 game boards), 175 calling cards that can double as flash cards, and plastic markers