Author: Rachele Ellsworth
Improve your students’ ability to form complex sentences by joining dependent and independent clauses. By using subordinating conjunctions, your students create more sophisticated sentence structures. While engaged in this activity, your students will complete sentences, formulate their own sentences, and combine two clauses while using 18 different subordinating conjunctions including: before, because, if, unless, while, after, as, until, since, although, now that, when, once, whenever, whereas, though, even if, and as soon as. Double Dice sold separately.
Here is how it works:
1. The instructor places nine (9) cards face down on the table.
2. A student rolls the double dice and it lands on a shape.
3. The student turns over the card with the corresponding shape.
4. The student reads (or listens as the instructor reads) the questions that correspond to the number on the inner die and the student answers it.
The students get plenty of practice (216 different questions) and enjoy using this activity time and time again!
This is an Add-On deck so it includes:
- Fifty-four (54) total playing cards (cards are large 3″ x 5″).
- Each card contains a photograph and four (4) questions to be answered.
- A storage tin.
Includes: 54 playing cards, content/direction cards, and storage tin