Ages: 4 and up
Grades: PreK and up
Author: Susan M. Sexton and Linda Eve Seth
What can you DO in 5 minutes? 5-Minute Therapy is a program for delivering services to students with speech sound disorders by scheduling short, individual drill sessions. This program requires little planning for the professional and minimal time out of the classroom for the student. The child receives therapy in the hallway for a designated number of five-minute sessions, based on therapy needs. This program is structured to allow individual students to practice intensively on their individual goals, and to achieve a high number of correct responses. This book provides a variety of activities designed for drill practice in the therapy setting and a way for the speech-language pathologist to collect data efficiently. This activity book follows the same format as 5-Minute Kids with suggested five minute lessons for therapy with the /sh/ and /ch/ sounds. Here is what is included:
- Word Banks for 75-100 words in the initial, medial, and final positions.
- Data sheets for each sound at the word, phrases, and sentences level to record responses.
- Reading lists for each sound at the word, phrase, and sentence level.
- Games for 5-Minute Therapy
- Homework activities including directions, word of the day, sight word flashcards, bookmarks, and homework sheets.
- Prepared percentage charts to calculate production.
Includes: 89 pages
There are no reviews yet.