Ages: 5 – 12
Grades: K – 6th
Author: Rachele Ellsworth
Are you working with students who need assistance in the art of conversing? This Conversation Starters Double Dice Deck provides a motivating way to work on conversing about a topic, taking turns, maintaining a topic, contributing information, and reading your conversational partner’s non-verbal language cues. The real photographs make the situations realistic and help focus easily distracted students. This allows you to scaffold the amount of assistance necessary for a successful conversation. Each card contains four different conversation starters:
- Tell me…
- If…, then…
- Open-ended wh question
Here is how it works:
- A student rolls the double dice and it lands on a shape.
- The student turns over the card with the corresponding shape.
- The student responds to the conversation starter that corresponds to the
number indicated on the inner die.
The students get plenty of practice (216 questions/statements) and enjoy using this activity time and time again!
This is an Add-On deck so it includes:
- Fifty-four (54) total playing cards ( 3″ x 5″).
- Each card contains a photograph and four (4) conversation starters.
- Content, direction, and game variation cards.
- A storage tin.
Included: 54 playing cards, 3 content/direction cards, and storage tin