Author: Rachele Ellsworth
Advanced Vocabulary Building–Double Dice Add-On Deck is the perfect way for speech-language pathologists to assist their clients in improving their vocabulary skills beyond the basic level. The vocabulary in this deck is designed for upper elementary- and junior-high-school-aged students.
Each card presents a target vocabulary word, a colorful photograph depicting the word or concept, a short definition, and four (4) questions. The questions target:
- Sentence Usage
- Which word doesn’t belong?
- Naming items/places/situations related to the vocabulary word
Here is how it works:
The instructor places nine (9) cards face down on the table.
- A student rolls the double dice and it lands on a shape.
- The student turns over the card with the corresponding shape.
- The student reads the target word and short definition.
- The student responds to the appropriate question that corresponds to the number on the inner die.
The students get plenty of practice (216 questions) and enjoy using this activity time and time again!
This is an Add-On deck so it includes:
- Fifty-four (54) total playing cards (cards are large 3″ x 5″).
- Each card contains a target vocabulary word, definition, photograph and four (4) questions.
- Content, direction, and game variation cards.
- A storage tin.
A double dice is sold separately (2 Pack: DD-100 or 1 Pack: DD-105). It is included in the original Double Dice Decks, or it may be purchased separately.
Includes: 54 playing cards, 3 content/direction cards, and storage tin
There are no reviews yet.