Ages: 5 and up
Grades: K and up
Author: Rachele Ellsworth
Synonyms & Antonyms–Double Dice Add-On Deck assists students in building more robust vocabulary skills by learning the synonyms and antonyms of words in context. There are fifty-four (54) total playing cards and each card contains a colorful photograph and four (4) sentences corresponding to it. A target word within each sentence is highlighted, and the student replaces this word with a corresponding synonym or antonym. (An answer key is included.)
Here is how it works:
- The instructor places nine (9) cards face down on the table.
- A student rolls the double dice and it lands on a shape.
- The student turns over the card with the corresponding shape.
- The student reads (or listens as the instructor reads) the sentence which corresponds to the number on the inner die.
- The student responds by replacing the highlighted word with a synonym (cards 1-27) or an antonym (cards 28-54).
The students get plenty of practice (108 synonyms and 108 antonyms) and enjoy using this activity time and time again!
This is an Add-On deck so it includes:
- Fifty-four (54) total playing cards (cards are large 3″ x 5″).
- Each card contains a photograph and four (4) sentences with highlighted synonyms/antonyms.
- Content, direction, and game variation cards.
- A storage tin.
Includes: 54 playing cards, 2 content/direction cards, 2 answer key cards, and storage tin