Author: Rachele Ellsworth
Have your articulation students mastered their target sounds at the word and simple sentence levels and need more challenging activities? Are they tired of the typical boring drill activities that often occur once correct placement and production have been established, but aren’t automatic? If so, then Double Dice Articulation Sound Loaded Sentences is you!
Here is how it works:
- The unique double dice (a large 12-sided die with shapes depicted on the outside and a smaller 12-sided inner die with numbers on the inside) serves as the motivation component.
- A student rolls the double dice and sees what shape was rolled on the outer die.
- He/she finds that shape on their game sheet and says the sound-loaded sentence corresponding to that shape the amount of times indicated on the inner die.
- He/she colors in a portion of the game sheet as indicated in the directions.
- The next student has a turn and this continues until the worksheet is complete.
Since the potential target sentence and amount of repetition is dependent upon the roll of the double dice, students look forward to their turn with anticipation. You can now maximize your students’ therapy time by keeping them interested while simultaneously obtaining numerous repetitions needed for developing correct articulation habits.
Here is what is included:
- Reproducible worksheets targeting /k/, /g/, /f/, “th,” “sh,” “ch,” “j,” /l/, /l/ blends, prevocalic /r/, “ar,” “or,” “ire,” “air,” “ear,” “er,” /r/ blends, /s/, and /s/ blends in sound-loaded sentences.
- Contains a guidelines for play page, a game variations/suggestions page, a tracking chart, and blank master pages.
- Because all game sheets are played in a similar manner, you can combine different game sheets within a single therapy group.
All game sheets are played in a similar manner, so you can mix and match game pages within a single therapy group. Enjoy this versatile articulation resource and be amazed at the number of repetitions you can achieve during therapy!
Includes: 210 pages, reproducible