Author: Rachele Ellsworth
Are you targeting the /s/ phoneme in therapy and finding that your students are tired of the typical boring drill activities that often occur once correct placement and production has been established, but isn’t automatic? If so, then Double Dice Articulation /s/ and /s/ Blends is the workbook for you!
Here is how it works:
- The unique double dice (a large 12 sided die with shapes depicted on the outside and a smaller 12 sided inner die with numbers on the inside) serves as the motivation component.
- A student rolls the double dice and sees what shape was rolled on the outer die.
- He/she finds that shape on their game sheet and says the word, phrase, or sentence corresponding to that shape the amount of times indicated on the inner die.
- He/she colors in a portion of the game sheet as indicated in the directions.
- The next student has a turn and this continues until the worksheet is complete.
Since the potential target word and amount of repetition is dependent upon the roll of the double dice, students look forward to their turn with anticipation. You can now maximize your students therapy time by keeping them interested while simultaneously obtaining numerous repetitions needed for developing correct articulation habits.
Here is what is included in the workbook:
- Reproducible worksheets targeting one, two, and three syllable /s/ words in the initial, medial, and final positions at the word, phrase, sentence, and carry-over levels. It also addresses initial /st/, /sp/, /sk/, /sm/, /sn/, /sw/, /sl/, triple clusters, mixed clusters, and recurring /s/ at the word, phrase, sentence, and carry-over levels.
- Contains guidelines for play page, a game variations/suggestions page, certificates, tracking chart, and blank master pages.
All game sheets are played in a similar manner, so you can mix-and-match game pages within a single therapy group. Enjoy this versatile articulation resource and be amazed at the number of repetitions you can achieve during therapy!
Includes: 210 pages, reproducible