Ages: 5 – 12
Grades: K – 6th
Author: Rachele Ellsworth
Analogies–Double Dice Add-On Deck is a fabulous way to work on analogies! This deck assists students in learning how to complete analogies and in turn sharpens their verbal reasoning skills as they determine how items and concepts are related to each other. Each card contains a colorful photograph, the first portion of the analogy, and four (4) incomplete analogies that the student must fill in. The analogies targeted in this deck are:
Here is how it works:
- The instructor places nine (9) cards face down on the table.
- A student rolls the double dice and it lands on a shape.
- The student turns over the card with the corresponding shape.
- The student reads (or listens as the instructor reads) the first portion of the analogy.
- The student completes the analogy that corresponds to the number on the inner die.
The students get plenty of practice (216 different analogies) and enjoy using this activity time and time again!
This is an Add-On deck so it includes:
- Fifty-four (54) total playing cards (cards are large 3″ x 5″).
- Each card contains a photograph and four (4) analogies that need to be completed.
- Content, direction, and game variation cards.
- A storage tin.
The double dice is NOT included in the Add-On decks, but it may be purchased separately (2 Pack:DD-100 or 1 Pack: DD-105).
Includes: 54 playing cards, 3 content/direction cards, and storage tin
There are no reviews yet.