Ages: 5-and up
Grades: K-and up
Author: Sheila McGovern
The Entire World of S & Z Book of Stories offers an advanced level articulation tool for dealing with the tricky /s/ and /z/ phonemes. This book focuses on reading, structured conversation, and conversational speech level activities. Here is what it includes:
- Fifty-eight (58) phonologically pure /s/ and /z/ stories.
- Each chapter focuses on a distinct word position (Initial, Medial, Final and Mixed /s/ stories, and Initial, Medial, Final and Mixed /z/ stories).
- Each story is accompanied by a colorable illustration.
- The unique aspect of this tool is that only the target /s/ or /z/ phoneme(s) appears in each story. (No other respective /s/ or /z/ words are present to confuse and frustrate your students.)
- Each story has an average of 8 target words that are highlighted for easy reference.
- Comprehension questions are included with every story, which makes them ideal for children with language disorders.
The workbook is designed for speech-language therapists that work with articulation disorders. It is also appropriate for comprehension and language therapy. The reading level of this book is at the second grade and above. Worksheets are reproducible for homework practice.
Included: 148 Pages