Author: Rachele Ellsworth
This is a discounted damage item. Damaged items may have dents, scratches, or tears on their boxes/containers/covers, but the contents of the product are undamaged. Save money with an uglier but perfect product!
Social Inferences–Double Dice Add-On Deck provides a motivating way for speech-language pathologists to work on teaching their students how to infer pragmatic information from photographs. It assists students in interpreting and describing social cues Each card contains a photograph followed by several inferential questions. The questions focus on making logical inferences many opportunities to explain and discuss the clues that lead to logical inferences. They make social expectations and behaviors explicit for those who do not abstract the dynamics of social relationships without direct explanations and examples.
Here is how it works:
- The instructor places nine (9) cards face down on the table.
- A student rolls the double dice and it lands on a shape.
- The student turns over the card with the corresponding shape.
- The student reads (or listens as the instructor reads) the questions that corresponds to the number on the inner die and the student answers it.
The students get plenty of practice (216 different questions) and enjoy using this activity time and time again!
This is an Add-On deck so it includes:
- Fifty-four (54) total playing cards (cards are large 3" x 5").
- Each card contains a photograph and four (4) questions to be answered.
- Answer key, direction, and game variation cards.
- A storage tin.
The double dice is NOT included in the Add-On decks. It is included in the original Double Dice Decks, or it may be purchased separately (DD-100).
Includes: 54 playing cards, answer key/direction cards, and storage tin