Author: Rachele Ellsworth
Are you looking for a research-based way to remediate prevocalic /r/ and the vocalic variations of /r/? If so, Dot Vocalic R is the resource you need.
Let your students “Dot” their way to better articulation with these wonderful /r/ game sheets! This DOT book is set up just like the others. Each student gets a game sheet targeting his/her sound and a paint marker. Students follow the directions, dotting each dot as he/she practices the target sound. Here are the unique features:
- Reproducible worksheets targeting 8 /r/ allophones (prevocalic /r/, vocalic ar, or, ire, air, ear, stressed & unstressed er, and rl)
- Worksheets separate each of the /r/ allophones by word position (initial, medial, final).
- Multiple games sheets targeting the specific /r/ sound in words, phrases, sentences, sound-loaded sentences, and reading passages.
- Every target word/phrase/sentence/sound-loaded sentence/reading passage is /r/ pure. This means that only the targeted /r/ allophone is present in the targeted position. (Example: If you are targeting final “ar” you would find the word guitar, but not the word granola bar due to the /gr/ sound included in the word.)
- Contains a convenient screening form, certificates, and tracking chart.
- The four scented, washable, non-toxic, long-lasting paint markers/ink daubers in a handy plastic carrying case are sold separately (item #ZG-180).
Eliminate the frustration by systematically remediating the /r/ allophones each student is having difficulty with. DOT Vocalic R has everything you need for motivating and productive /r/ therapy.
Includes: 303 pages, reproducible
Sharon Blount (verified owner) –
Fun motivating work sheets for artic therapy