Ages: 8 and up
Grades: 3rd and up
Author: Marilyn Toomey
Defining and Describing is a well organized workbook that teaches students how to define and describe using a simple, but effective format! Teaching children to organize their definitions around a sample pattern:
A______________ is a _____________ that ____________.
A (item being defined) is a (name of superordinate class, category, etc.) that (characteristic of the item that makes it unique within its class.)
Here is what is included:
- Lists of items by category (to enable students to learn the similarities of items belonging to a particular class and to learn the name of the class).
- Lists of descriptive terms (to assist students in explain how an item is unique in its class or to describe it).
- Activity pages that teach descriptive vocabulary.
- Activity pages that help students develop specific skills needed to construct definitions.
- Pages and pages of ideas and words to build more advanced and creative descriptions such as: weather words, animal classifications, adverbs, figurative expressions, etc.
You will get your students defining, describing, and building an abundant vocabulary in no time with this reproducible workbook!
Includes: 140 Pages, reproducible