Ages: 2 and up
Grades: PreK and up
Bjorem Speech Prosody Cues can be used for speech, language, and reading prosody goals. Use in play or structured tasks when working on the following: motor planning/childhood apraxia, pragmatics/social language, reading fluency/expression.
Prosody is made up of the following parameters – pitch, volume, rate, stress, and movement/rhythm. The pitch, volume, and rate cards can be lined up to one and another to provide a visual for the continuums that they fall on.
Cues included in the deck include:
- Pitch: high, low, flat AND include fun dice game to work on different voices including mouse, baby, robot, witch, ghost, alien, king, princess, granny, reporter, singing, and dinosaur.
- Volume: quiet, whispering, talking, loud
- Rate: slow speed, kid speed, fast speed
- Stress: 2 stress dot cues included
- Movement/Rhythm: choppy, smooth, pause, stretched
- Emotions: using prosody to identify and practice emotions with emotion cards happy, sad, mad, excited, scared, and confused.
Includes: 35 total cards
Hannah Simmons (verified owner) –